Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Rare honor for Plymouth leader and PHS grad


INDIANAPOLIS – A local business leader has been recognized for his service by the Chamber of Commerce of the state of Indiana.

Part of the festivities at last night's annual Chamber Awards Banquet in Indianapolis was the announcement that the Chamber's award for outstanding Indiana Chamber volunteers would be known as the Sam C. Schlosser award.

The honor was not a total surprise to Schlosser a 1967 graduate of Plymouth High School who has been the President of his family's business – Plymouth Foundry – since 1984.

“I had a little bit of a heads up that they were going to do this but it is certainly a great honor,” said Schlosser. “I'm very humbled and very honored at the same time.”

“I actually had to check my pulse when they told me about it,” he added with a laugh. “This is the kind of thing they normally do posthumously and I was afraid maybe I might have missed something.”

Schlosser has served the Indiana Chamber in many capacities over the course of the past 23 years and was the organizations state Chairman in 2005 and 2006.

“I felt like it was a lot of responsibility for a kid from Plymouth, Indiana but it was a great opportunity and great experience,” he said. “Like anything else it had a lot more to do with an outstanding support staff and all the people who helped me. It was a great year for me. I traveled between here and Indianapolis about three times a week during that year and I got to meet some wonderful people – a lot of people that I wouldn't have normally met.”

Schlosser continues to serve the Chamber on the Board of Directors and is Chairman of the Chamber's Energy Committee.

“With all the talk about cap and trade and other issues energy is going to be important to Indiana as we move into the future,” he said.

No comments:

Post a Comment