Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Wanna be Steve Carell? Plymouth grad will get the chance

By Rusty Nixon
Director of Development and Alumni Affairs


PLYMOUTH - Steve Carell is one of the hottest names in Hollywood right now, and a local actor will have a chance to share that "persona" in an upcoming film.

Plymouth grad Tyler Langdon has signed on to play the part of Steve Carell - star of "The Office", "The Daily Show", and numerous hit feature films - in an upcoming movie with the working title "Burt Wonderstone". Tyler will play the part of Carell as a 19 year old budding magician. The film features Steve Buscemi as Carell's partner in magic, Jim Carrey as their arch nemesis as well as James Gandofini known for his work on "The Soprano's" and Olivia Wilde from "House".

"I think if he (Carell) had been in the room when I went in for the final audition I might not have been able to perform," said Tyler with a laugh. "It felt really good when he got the footage of my audition and told the director and producers that I was by far his first choice.

"It's really an unbelievable opportunity and I'm really excited. I'm going to be able to be on the set every day with some very talented people and watch them work and learn from them. Maybe even more exciting is that I'm going to be able to attend the premiere with them and walk the 'red carpet' with them. That's a really exciting thing."

The Warner Brothers film will be Tyler's first major feature film since beginning his career about two and a half years ago. It's a major accomplishment in such a young career. A year ago he was chosen to be part of an online "American Idol" type competition for up and coming actors and since has been able to work in some independent films and other projects.

"It was really something to sit in the same room waiting to audition with people like Seth Green and Will Forte - people who's work I've really admired," said Tyler. "Now to be able to be on the set with actors that know so much and can teach me so much about the process of being an actor is an opportunity that I am going to make the most of."

"The way the cards have fallen so far I can only say that I've been unbelievably fortunate in my career."

No comments:

Post a Comment