Thursday, January 27, 2011

Faulstich needs your vote

Jane Faulstich with partner Patrick Pendexter
PLYMOUTH – Her career has been backstage at Plymouth High School, but she will take center stage on Feb. 5 as part of the Neighborhood Center's Fundraiser Dancing With the Stars at Swan Lake Resort.

Jane Faulstich and her partner Patrick Pendexter will try to win the title by gaining your votes and contributions for the Neighborhood Center. Faulstich – who teaches theatre at Plymouth High School – is drawing on her “vast” experience as a dancer for a good cause.

“I was in Crimson Connection in high school with Mr. Pickell does that count?,” she said of her dance "background". “Karen Barden (Director of the Neighborhood Center) called and asked if I'd do it and at first I was a little hesitant because of my schedule. I thought who would want a partner with those kind of time restraints.”

She found one when Barden paired her with Patrick Pendexter who also was a part of the competition a year ago.

“He's one of the professional dancers at the LifePlex and he's really been patient with me,” said Faulstich. “I'm one of those people who doesn't know my right from my left. Literally. In driver's ed they'd tell me to make a turn and I'd have to ask which direction it was.

“He's made it kind of funny and that's great for me because I can play that role a lot better.”

The hard work has been a given. She and Pendexter have been practicing since November for the event.

“We've been working two times a week since November and I've had soreness in muscles I didn't even know I owned,” she said. “It has been good, I don't have to go to the treadmill nearly as often.”

The experience has taught the teacher a little something too.

“I knew the Neighborhood Center was here but I really had no idea what they did. I think it's amazing to have an organization that does the things they do,” she said. “With my schedule I've never really felt like I had any time for any sort of charity work or fundraising. Being able to have an impact for somebody else is a really great feeling.”

Voting is going on now at www.events.org/neighborhoodcenter.

No comments:

Post a Comment